Boyzone

Ronan Keating will not return to Boyzone

Mikey Graham has dashed hopes of a Boyzone reunion.

Boyzone claimed bandmate Ronan Keating, 44, had “decided” the boy band was no more in 2019.

Mikey has just become a grandfather for the first time after his 25-year-old daughter Hannah gave birth to a baby girl named Bonnie last month, and when a fan asked him if he would be “the only grand- father on tour” if the ‘No Matter What hitmakers are doing a 30th anniversary tour in 2023, he alleged that it’s Ronan who doesn’t want the band to perform anymore.

One fan tweeted, “If boyzone reforms for a 30th anniversary tour will you be the only grandpa on tour and congratulations on becoming a grandpa (sic)”, to which Mikey replied, “Aw thanks I don’t mean it’s raining on your parade, but Ronan has decided that the boyzone is over in 2019, so I don’t think there will be any more BZ gigs.

However, Mikey would love to do a few shows again with his bandmates – including Shane Lynch, 45, and Keith Duffy, 47 – again.

He concluded: “Sorry friends. I would like to do them. (sic)”

Boyzone ended their 25-year career after a final tour in 2019.

Ronan – who has had a successful solo career with hits such as ‘Life Is A Rollercoaster’ and ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’ – had previously ruled out a reunion.

Speaking in 2018, he said: “Boyzone has a Whatsapp group but that’s changing, because people are leaving all the time.

“It’s the story of a boy band isn’t it, people leave. Then we start a new one, then they come back, then someone else.

“The Boyzone Whatsapp group changes every month – name, title, people – but it exists.

“There are plans for another Boyzone Whatsapp group, but no reunion.”

The closest fans will head to a Boyzone reunion to see Keith and former Westlife singer Brian McFadden, 41, perform as BoyzLife.

The duo have just announced their second album, “Old School,” which will be released on May 6.

After releasing covers of hits from their respective boy bands backed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra on their debut studio album “Strings Attached” in 2020, the sequel is set to feature original material from the duo.

In a statement, Brian said: “Keith and I grew up in the 80s and 90s, the sound of that era is what made us want to be musicians in the first place.

“When we started talking about making this record Boyzlife’s first studio album, we naturally talked a lot about those influences and loved bringing those familiar sounds into our studio sessions and onto this record.

“Working with our producer Jackson was an extremely creative process, we went to the studio with lyric ideas, worked together to come up with a melodic sound to go along with the lyrics and built the songs from there.

“Some things fall into place and some things get cut and changed until we all agree that we’re on the right track. We’re very excited about this album and we can’t wait. let people hear it.

Boyzlife will hit the road for the “Old School Tour” later this year, which kicks off in Liverpool on September 26.

music-news.com

Be the first to see the latest NOISE.com interviews and special features on YOUTUBE and updated regularly. See things first SUBSCRIBE here: Noise11 on YouTube SUBSCRIBE

Noise11.com

Follow Noise11 on social media

Noise11 on Instagram

You will discover music news first by following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook