November 25, 2021, 4:09 PM
Take That will return to tour in two years, but which members will return with Gary Barlow?
Gary Barlow has confirmed Take That are getting back together and touring in 2023.
He said he would reunite with bandmates Mark Owen and Howard Donald for a series of live dates in a year.
However, he hoped to bring Jason Orange back on board, but despite the group’s attempts to convince him, the group returns as a trio.
Robbie Williams will also likely be absent from training. He returned to the group in 2010 and for a few sporadic appearances here and there, but a full-time reunion is not expected.
Talk to The sun, Gary said, “Jason is not coming back. Take it’s Mark, Howard and me for the next few years.
“When Christmas arrives, it will be the end of a big chapter for me. I will have shot two albums and it will be the end of this solo chapter for me and I will prepare for the next wave of Take That.
“We’re going to have a great year of planning in 2022. I don’t think we’ll be releasing anything or filming, but the year after – 2023 – will be a big year for Take That.
“It’s been a while since 2019. I’m ready to get back to my day job now. It’s my thing, being in the band.”
The last time Take That performed together was in 2019, at their sold-out concert Odyssey: Greatest Hits Live Tour. Jason and Robbie also did not appear during this campaign.
After splitting up in 1996, Take That reunited to much fanfare in 2005, without Robbie. Five years later, Robbie returns home for the Progress album and tour, but they haven’t performed with Jason since their Olympics closing ceremony show in 2012.
Gary Barlow is currently on tour in support of his festive new album The Christmas Dreamout this Friday (November 26).
Earlier this week, Gary unveiled his latest single – ‘How Christmas Is Supposed To Be’ – a duet with actor Sheridan Smith.